**TIP: To set your makeup, follow this order: primer, liquid foundation or tinted moisturizer, translucent powder. Without a dusting a powder, the water in your makeup and the silicones in most primers repel each other.
Cleaning your makeup brushes on a regular basis is an absolute must for many reasons. After multiple uses, bristles begin to build up with residual makeup, which makes them less effective when it comes to application and they become a home for bacteria that will irritate your skin and cause breakouts.
Professional makeup artists usually clean their brushes after every use, but for us at-home users, every week is a good time, but again it depends on often you use them.
- Step 1 You’ll need Baby Johnson and a fresh towel to lay the brushes on to dry. .
- Step 2 Add Baby Johnson on to a surface , run your brush’s tip under lukewarm water and gently swirl the brush tip of a surface (a bowl). Tip: Never turn brushes up vertically — make sure they’re always facing downward — otherwise, water will weaken the glue that holds the bristles together.
- Step 3 Once all the residue is completely gone, set your brush flat on the towel to dry.
Instead of using a bowl or the surface of my sink I’ve been using the Cleaning Mat by Sigma Beauty. I love it because it has 7 different textures to remove everything off your makeup brush without damaging the brush.
You wake up every morning and wear the same makeup you’ve been wearing for years, same routine? Well, save time and energy to wear makeup the smarter way, it’s easier than you think.
- Prep the Skin:
Preparing the skin is a must before you apply any type of foundation. This means starting with a light moisturizer with SPF and primer, Apply moisturizer first and allow it to set a minute, then apply primer. Taking these steps prior to foundation will ensure your skin is both protected, moisturized and smoother with less visible pores and fine lines.
- Translucent Powder:
Translucent pressed powder is the great equalizer if you’ve applied too much eyeshadow or blush. Blend away a bit of the excess and pat on some translucent powder.
Apply lipstick first and then add your lip liner. Once lipstick is applied you can see exactly where you need the lip liner. Moreover applying eyeshadow first before foundation can be a great clean up time saver.
Blend the shadow on your lids right into the liner, no one will be able to tell where the eye shadow ends and the line begins, so the liner will look perfect. Also make sure you blend the foundation really well. My favourite blending product is the Beauty Blender, it leaves no residue.
- Perfect lips:
Use a colorless lip pencil prior to lipstick or lip liner application. This will reduce appearance of any fine lines around lips! Try using lip liner as your lip color, too. Line outer lips and fill in with same color.
Sometimes I love the idea of makeup being a little bit messy. Mascara is the best cosmetic to achieve this look.
For this look, apply multiple coats of mascara, deliberately clumping the lashes together and tapping the skin under the lower lashes with the end of the wand. Careful though you don’t want to be too messy too.
Products used for this look:
Tom Ford Eye Color Quad in Cocoa Mirage ( two matte shades)
Tom Ford Shade & Illuminate in Intensity 2 (used as contour and highlight),
When foundation is done wrong, there’s no hiding the mistake. You need to learn/ know how to apply it because a bad foundation always shows.
Use a Brush: Spread foundation into the skin with light, circular motions. This technique also lets you use less product and build coverage, since it’s easier to add more foundation than to take off excess.
Apply foundation everywhere: You probably already know to blend foundation past your jawline and onto the neck, but if your neckline is showing, you’ll want to blend the color there too. Plus, don’t forget the ears! Fair-skinned complexions in particular are susceptible to redness on the ears. P.S. blend a light layer of foundation over your eyelids and lips.
Use highlighter before foundation: there’s no strict or defined way of applying makeup, some people apply concealers before foundation others don’t but I can tell you what actually works. for a subtle natural look, you can actually apply your highligher before the foundation so the glow looks more natural, as if it’s actually coming from your face (natural light). Having the highligher applied before your foundation can help last a full day, I don’t know about you but when I apply the highligher after foundation it tends to get a little dull throughout the day. Having it underneath, gives that glow.
Ishimmer Foundation Recommendation:
1- Giorgio Armani Silk Foundation.
2- Giorgio Armani Maestro Foundation.
3- Becca Aqua Luminous Foundation.
4- Fenty Beauty Pro Filt’r
5- Charlotte Tilbury Magic Foundation
It’s Festival time, Coachella just around the corner. While enjoying partying and dancing the night away, you need to make sure that your face, at the very least, stays as clean and flawless as possible.
Here are a few beauty/makeup tips to survive the festival:-
- Tinted moisturizer with SPF: Tinted moisturizer is a great product for spending the day outdoors because it gives you lightweight coverage, moisturizes and hydrates your skin and protects it from sunburn. Just apply a thin, even layer over your face using your fingertips for a lightweight, dewy finish.
- blush and/or bronzer: blush in a light wash across the apples of your cheeks and cheekbones with a small blush brush.
- Mascara: since eye makeup has a tendency to run if you’re outdoors in the sun all day. You’ll need a waterproof mascara to stay throughout the festival. I would probably use Lancome Hypnose Mascara.
- False Eyelashes: You can just skip the eye makeup since you’ll be outdoors all the time and for long hours, false lashes by #ishimmerlashes are designed to be super light weight for you to barely feel on. You can shop your lashes, by clicking here.
- Brighten your lips with a swipe of Matte lipstick to stay put all day long.
- Spray: You might want to use Urban Decay’s All Nighter Long-Lasting Makeup Setting Spray. Lightly mist it across your finished makeup look and it will hold your makeup in place for up to 16 hours.
- Side TIP: Don’t have a mirror to apply your makeup? Use the front camera on your iPhone as a video mirror. We do this all the time and it really works!
Coconut oil, a favorite of the Victoria’s Secret Models, that reminds you of the sand on your feet and salted breeze by the beach.
Other than its fresh and beach-y scent it has great benefits for the skin, acting as a makeup remover is one of them. I was surprised by how quickly it took off eye makeup and by how easily it worked and it actually removes waterproof mascara without rubbing the eye out.
Surprisingly so many celebrities are on for this routine, some use it as a natural mouth wash (removing stains from the teeth), some use it as a makeup remover and others use it as a form of the “no make up look” as a dewy look.
Here’s How:- Since coconut oil is solid at room temperature, scoop out a little and rub it between your fingers to warm it up first. Smooth that over your skin with your fingers, then wipe it off with a dry cotton ball and it’ll take your makeup with it. Repeat until all of your makeup is gone and then maybe one or two more times.
Why?: Coconut oil breaks up water-resistant substances used in eye shadow and mascara, releasing them from the skin and lashes, it’ll even leave your skin softer and younger-looking. It’s great for your skin, because it moisturizes, soothes and hydrates.
***Disclaimer : Please do not use if you have allergies or skin irritation.
Bobbi Brown’s years of makeup styling experience distilled into one book. Bobbi looks at everything from skincare basics to every aspect of facial makeup–from how to find the right color and type of foundation for any skin tone to how to apply every detail of eye makeup (Brows, Eye Liner, Eye Shadow, and Eye Lashes) no matter your eye color and shape.
Each chapter has thorough step-by-step basic directions for makeup application and easy-to-follow photographs and line drawings, along with Bobbi’s expert, yet assuring, advice. Plus, there’s a groundbreaking section of the book that will be of special interest to women who’ve wanted to know how makeup stylists do what they do: the top beauty secrets only these artists know, essential equipment to keep on hand, how to break into the business, and how to work with photographers and celebrities.
Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk Foundation has been voted as one of the best foundations out there, by celebrity makeup artists and from celebrity themseleves like Kim Kardashian.
This award-winning foundation is formulated with micro-fil technology, producing a low-density product that pairs high-impact pigments with weightless texture. Inspired by the silk shantung worn by kings and emperors, this foundation glides seamlessly onto the skin. It blends well and easily with all skin types, with no break outs.
“These products are directly inspired by the way I choose fabrics for my collections. They allow the natural glow of the skin to come through no matter how many layers you apply.”—Giorgio Armani, Fashion Designer
TIP: When choosing foundation, never check the color match on your palm or face, the best way to pick a color fit is by applying the foundation on your neck.
- “Determine first how far out you want to wing the liner.”
- “Using an nude or white pencil, draw a little dot at the outer corner of eyes to where you want the line to reach.”
- “Draw the line along your lashes and connect the line to the dot for a perfectly even wing.”
- “Lean your elbows on a flat surface or table in front of mirror so that you have a very steady hand. Wah lah!”
*** Mario Dedivanovic was asked which liner was his favourite, and he recommends M.A.C Liquid Liner.